Tulips & Juleps Week April 24 – May 1, 2021
This year we are turning Tulips & Juleps into a multi-day celebration from the comfort of your home while raising dollars that will stay right here in Tuscaloosa County! Start the week enjoying dozens of hats on display via Social Media from local businesses and be sure to cast your vote for your favorite. Then on Saturday, gather your viewing party in the comfort of your home and enjoy the most exciting two minutes in sports! Dress in your Derby Best and enjoy a one-of-a-kind Derby at Home experience while you pull for your favorite in the final stretch! Finally, finish off the race throughout the month of May by visiting Session for a special Cocktail for a Cause supporting the Junior of League of Tuscaloosa.
Derby at Home Experience
Enjoy an appetizer for 2 with the (non-alcoholic) ingredients of a Kentucky Derby famous Mint Julep, signature Tulips & Juleps cups, cocktail napkins and stirrers, personal betting cards for your favorite horse, and a special make-at home wreath of roses all provided in a reusable tote bag. All Derby at Home Experience bags feed 2 and multiple can be purchased for a larger crowd!
- Charcuterie Board (assorted meat, cheese, and crackers) for 2 from Grocery BrewPub
- Non-Alcoholic Ingredients for famous Kentucky Derby Mint Julep for 2
- 2 Signature Cups
- Cocktail napkins and stirrers
- Personal Betting Card for your favorite horse
- Supplies for special make-at-home Wreath of Roses
- 1 Clear Tote Bag with all items inside
Derby at Home experiences can be picked up at Harrison Galleries (2315 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401) on May 1 between the hours of 2 – 4 p.m. for $30 or delivered within 15 miles of Harrison Galleries for an additional $5 charge per bag. Click here to order.
Think your business, organization, or individual skill has what it takes to the top of the toppers? Promote your business, group, or cause during the Race for the Roses, while benefiting numerous community organizations in Tuscaloosa County that are supported by the Junior League of Tuscaloosa each year.
The Junior League of Tuscaloosa’s second annual Derby Hat Contest in conjunction with Tulips & Juleps will be held via JLT’s social media on April 25 – April 30, 2021! Hats will be displayed on The Junior League of Tuscaloosa’s Facebook page and each like on a photo will count as 1 vote entry for People’s Choice and each share of a photo will count as 1 vote entry for People’s Choice. The Top 5 People’s Choice winners will be displayed locally for the month of May.
● Grandstand Entry ($150) includes 1 hat decorated by sponsor or community partner, social media posting by Junior of Tuscaloosa on Facebook during Tulips & Juleps week, and name listing on Junior League of Tuscaloosa Website.
● Limited space is available for Millionaire’s Row Entry ($200) which includes 1 hat entry decorated by sponsor or community partner, premium hat display location at Harrison Galleries during Derby at Home pick-up, social media posting by Junior League of Tuscaloosa Facebook during Tulips & Juleps Week, name listing on Junior League of Tuscaloosa website, and additional social media posting prior to event.
For more information, please email tulipsandjuleps@jltuscaloosa.
Cocktail for a Cause
For the entire month of May, Session will be providing a Cocktail for a Cause in support of Tulips & Juleps for The Junior League of Tuscaloosa. Proceeds from each cocktail will go directly to JLT which is an organization with more than 200 women as active members committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. By purchasing a Cocktail for a Cause in the month of May, you are enhancing the opportunities for JLT to empower women and children in our local community with an emphasis on literacy. Visit Session at 2221 University Boulevard, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 from May 1 through May 31 to support Cocktail for a Cause!